Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The project is STILL happening....just a little slower than expected!

For those of you who have decided to read the blog...I swear, I AM still doing this project....I am waiting for my Pizza Peel to come in (a wooden paddle to insert/remove breads from the oven). It should be in today! I can't really make a lot of the traditional artisan breads without this important device. I also have a couple of posts in process awaiting pictures ... I made a Blueberry Lemon Curd Wreath pastry and a delicious Raspberry Almond Creme Pastry....YUMMY! Hopefully I can get these two postings wrapped up tomorrow and you can see how they turned out!!

Stay posted! The Boule dough for the baguette try #1 is getting made today....and hopefully baked tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that Artisan Bread book the best? I've been raving about it to everyone--including Jessica who turned me onto your blog. Your first loaves sure are lovely! And I agree, the pizza peel is integral. You'll have to let me know how well your bread flips off your pizza peel into the oven. Either I have a particularly sticky pizza peel, my 1/4 inch of flour (per loaf) is faulty, or my wrist-flip just, well, sucks. My loaves are always deformed from sticking in at least one spot, but they still taste good. :) Good luck with your mission!

    ReplyDelete